Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Copied from the other blog. Ok. I'm lazy.

Hi there, persons who never read this here blog stuff...

It is getting very near the end of 2007, and I sit here about 3:07 AM at work, no calls to send the Cops to, so I thought I would write a bit.

My band, Infusion, has 1 more gig for 2007. At a little bar in downtown Wichita on Friday the 21st. Party for LearJet employees and their friends and wives. Last year it was at the Old marple theatre, and it was a lot of fun. This year, at least our band sound good, and we have a lot of fun just playing for ourselves.

Bought another Leslie speaker last Friday, from my brother Dan. It is the one, model 147, that I bought new back in 1972 for $700.00 plus the preamp deal. Got it last week for $600.00, a real bargain as they are worth $2400.00 now. It was a mess, very dirty and had rust on all 4 motors. There were mouse droppings in the main enclosure, and I had to strip it down to the case and clean then rebuild all motors and bushings. Got it all back together Saturday night, it was 28 degrees in the garage then, had a small heater going on me.

Mary helped me get it in the house last night and I hooked it up to one of my keyboards and the thing would not work. Dan said it worked fine 2 weeks ago. Uh huh. Nope. The motors would not turn the speakers until I went throught them Saturday. So there is this little tube, RCA 12AU7A that had been pushed to the side, and the tines were bent, si i was straightening them up and the durn thing broke, the glass had been cracked. I got another one from the 142 in the other room and put it in and wallah! worked like a champ. Set the preamp on 4 and low volume on the keyboard output and the 147 was very loud and very clear tones, the Bass was very nice. Mary came in and told me to turn it down please.....LOL she was trying to watch tv.

So that works, I ordered 2 replacement 12AU7A tubes for the 142, and will have a spare. Then I ordered 4 recessed speaker handles, 2 smaller ones for the 142 and 2 large ones for the bigger 147. Each weigh about 160 pounds, and these will make it easier to move about. I figure I have spent about $4720.00 on music equipment in the last 3 years, and I made what, 400 total on all the gigs this last summer? Ok. But I never was in it for the money anyway. If I was, I would have gone to LA in 1973 and not have gotten married then, and played with my friends in the Carson Band in Burbank.

I am planning to take the Hammond and the 142 Leslie to Mary's mothers in Moran, as she plays Organ in 3 Churches, and would love to play one at home. Don't want to sell it, unless she give me at least 4K for it, might do that...

Need to go and call 10-17 on the Officers cause I don't know what they are up to, Donut shop opens in about 5 minutes so I know they will be there.

Talk at ya later, and please take care and git home safe tonight.

Boneheaddave

No comments: