Friday, June 01, 2007

From the "Mindless Ramblings of an Old Guy"

Monday, December 25, 2006
It's Christmas Day

Hi all. No one reads this but me and poss the girlfriend.....

It is Christmas day 2006. I sit here at work making 2.5 times normal hourly wage. 10 bucks an hour. Or so. Wow. Law Enforcement. Don't do it for the money cause there isn't any.

26 years ago when I got in this line of work I was an Oilfield Engineer. I appled to the hays, kansas PD and was hired. Chief Younger told me that my continued employment with the Hays PD was contingent upon me completing and passing all of the psycological exams. I was making more money than he was then. He thought I was crazy. I told him I could be making $1,000,000.00 a year in the Oilfield and I would still be underpaid. Hated it, the long days and hours stuck out in nowhere boonies getting drilling rigs unstuck, bacteria controlled, or the PH up.

Well, I passed the MMPI and the tests. I was indeed sane and can prove it. Don't tell the ex's or the girlfriend, they still think I am a nut. LOL

So grilfriend and her daughter went to Mom's in Moran and I get off in an hour, so I will have the TV to meself for a time. Woo. There is a new kitty in the house to play with Mufasa, the stupid kittie. It is 8 months old but about 1/3 the size of Mufasa or a 13 pound cat. My friend at work said i could have one of her Maine Coon cats, so I might have to do that instead of the kitten. It is still a bit wild fresh off the farm.

So we will see. Until I get another minute between 9-1-1 calls; later!

Posted by Dave Dave Dave at 3:19 PM 0 comments


Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Winter is here ...

December will be here in 1 day.

Winter Storm Watch posted for my area for today and tomorrow, freezing rain, thunderstorms, ice, snow. Great stuff. Glad I am on my days off. Plan to play at the Old Marple Thursday night with the band, might be hectic getting around to go if the roads ice up.

Boring here at work. They are all running 28's all night long. Like they have a reason to know who owns this or that. Very strange how they do things in this County. A lot different than I was used to in Western Kansas, where life is much more simple, and the Cops don't have "quota's". Unethical, I say. But what do i know. I am just a Conservative Republican type, not Liberal like some here seem to be.

Updated my Photobucket pics and uploaded several more. Now have 491 pics there.

All for now, keep checking back ....

Boneheaddave

Posted by Dave Dave Dave at 2:22 AM 0 comments


Sunday, November 19, 2006

Keeping this post open for someday the wife unit will post something

Posted by Dave Dave Dave at 9:57 PM 0 comments

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.